This site has been in BETA for 1951 days
9th Grade at SUCO Veterans day Veterans Day Elementary Elementary Track Boy and girl Musical group car Middle Students of the month Senior night Boys Basketball Senior night girls basketball Senior night track Spelling Bee Senior Dance night
District News & Announcements
rss feed
Thank you to ACCO Corporation!


 

Acco recently donated $250.00 to the Unatego Backpack Program that helps feed children and their families on the weekends! Their donation was gratefully accepted by Superintendent Richards on Friday.

 
Unatego Instructional Calendar Update

April 1, 2019

To date, Unatego has two emergency (snow) days left!  As a result, there will be no school for students on Monday, April 22 and Friday, May 24.  Of course, if unforeseen events occur and we need to use all our emergency days, school will be in session on those days.

 

Unatego Capital Project

Currently the Unatego Board of Education and Administration are in the planning stages of a building project to renovate the Junior-Senior High School building in the Town of Otego to accommodate all district students in grades K-12 by the 2024 school year. For the past several months, district administrators have been meeting with architects, financial planners, and officials from the NYS Education Department to begin to assess the needs of the district and determine how to maximize state building aid to keep the financial impact to local taxpayers at a minimum.

Wednesday evening the Board of Education held a special meeting to hear from the district’s financial advisor, pre-construction management consultant, and architect. Because we have not yet determined the exact scope of the potential project, all estimates are preliminary and based on a variety of scenarios. Currently the district is eligible for state building aid of 87.8%, leaving 12.2% for a local share. The presentation from the financial advisor is available here https://filecabinet4.eschoolview.com/9C52944D-1A1A-42F8-A24A-A6C0DAA9179F/OtegoUnadillaProposedCapitalProjectsPPT.pdf

Although we are still in the preliminary stages of planning, we welcome community input. Once we have a more defined scope, we will schedule a series of informational meetings throughout the district. In the meantime, if you have questions or would like to offer your thoughts, you may contact the superintendent at 607-988-5038 or via email drichards@unatego.stier.org

Thank you for your patience!

 
View text-based website